Big four



Finally after 2 Months, promising weather forecasts took us to Font! After a nice dinner with friends in la rochette.

We headed to the f1 in nemours...looking out out of the window we were disappointed seeing the sky full of clouds and frosty fog!
So we decided to wait until noon to climb.Being close to petit bois I decided to try the moves in big dragon....The sun was still not showing its self resulting into very cold temperatures making it very hard to warm up. I finally succeeded in repeating some of the moves but the conditions did not feel right. As it was getting late and nat wanted to climb at franchard, I decided to rest for the remainder of the day.
Sunday morning I felt promisingly strong so we decided to head to Cuvier were I have still a lot of projects... It was so frosty so we headed for higher ground looking for some sun! The big four!
Decided to try big golden stand...as its the only one of the big four I haven't climbed yet.
To my surprise I felt extremely good on it.
Luckily nat is a good safe and vigilant spotter, because it is quite exposed. It went down in 4 tries.
So I though why not try the sit now? And not to my surprise the two extra moves did not add a lot to the difficulty of the climb but as it is already 7C++ the two 7a moves could just make it a small 8a. I was happy with the two climbs sent in a short morning, to finish off the Big Four. Then i took nat to try noir desir gauche, maxime was there too she looked at their beta and tried the moves...Think if she would have warmed up her numb fingers and toes and spent longer than 10 minutes on it, she could of done it. This is a real 4 star problem in cuvier.
After that I had a few tries on atresie and apotheose assis to finish off the day Time to go home nearly got some free boar burger on the way back ( a mother boar and her 4 kiddies ran out in front of our car luckily for them they are fast).
Lets hope there is still some dry days left of winterime.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten